Our ChallengeTo help a client that was ready to leverage their presence in the cloud to take the next step towards automation.
Our ApproachWe partnered with the company to analyze their current environment, their staff and talent, existing technology and their goals for the future.
- Each technology team was accustomed to working independently to develop solutions
- We analyzed the skillset of their existing staff and recommended that they reorganize into groups of multi-disciplined product teams who design, develop, build, and operate the solutions under their responsibility
- We then worked with the newly re-aligned cross-functional teams to develop a standard, repeatable methodology for developing solutions
- During the implementation we identified the need for additional training of the existing staff and supplemental skills required to insure the sustainability of the approach
- The client had moved their systems to the cloud, but they were still performing application development and server management tasks in the same manual way they had, when they were in a traditional datacenter.
- We designed and helped them implement a DevOps solution for application development, infrastructure as Code (IAC), injected security, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance.
The planning and execution took fourteen months and once complete the client was able to achieve the goals of the program for both delivery and cost savings. When we completed the project, our client saw:
Systems and datacenters moved
- 5000 servers in US, EU and APMEA relocated to new locations in each region
- 1700 applications moved
- Achieved 98% virtualization
- Client-owned ServiceNow ITIL implementation across ITSM
- Improved security posture to prevent intrusion or breaches
- Program came in 5% under budget